About Sindhi Foundation:
Sindhi Foundation is a global advocacy, education and charity organization meant to build bridges among international communities on pluralism (Sindhi Sufism), Sindhi culture, art, literature, human rights, media, academic freedoms and freedoms of the press of Sindh and the welfare of its people, especially of vulnerable, marginalized, and indigenous communities, religious and sexual minorities, within geographical boundaries of today’s Pakistan and of people of Sindhi origins living throughout the world.
Interns will be working directly with Executive Director of Sindhi Foundation. Interns will work for 30 hours per week. This is an unpaid internship. Duties will include:
- Proofreading, editing, writing Press Releases, announcements and Research Papers
- Attending and Preparing reports on Sindh (Pakistan) region on related events in and around Washington, DC
- Helping Executive Director to update the database
- Maintaining website and other social media
- Helping Executive Director preparing public events, updating mailing lists
- Writing weekly reports
- Preparing event materials and publications.
We encourage our interns to actively participate in thinktanks, Human Rights groups and community events.
Interns should have good communication skills and basic computer skills like PowerPoint and Microsoft Word. Those with excellent writing and/or editing skills are strongly encouraged to apply. Interns must be currently enrolled in an undergraduate/graduate degree program.
Fall: August - December
Spring: January - May
Summer: May - August
To apply, send your resume, with a cover letter describing how you could contribute to Sindhi Foundation team and what is your expectation from the Sindhi Foundation.
Please mention dates and times you are available to work.
Contact: Sufi Laghari